Monday, September 15, 2008

A Very Cool Day

So because my company spends money to advertise, we occasionally get invited to events put on by media outlets as a sort of "thank you." Granted, they have to get fairly far down the list of advertisers to get to us, but every so often...

The Boston Globe had an event this afternoon. Softball at Fenway Park. My boss is nice enough to offer some of the baseball-themed events to me, so here's a taste. They had a miniature diamond set up in the outfield - no way we were getting on the infield. Afterwards, a mini tour of the park - box seats for some team history, press box for a rundown of the park's history, and monster seats for... well... to sit in the monster seats. One hour, and the three best seats I'll ever have. Afterwards, some free ballpark food at the Absolut lounge, and thus concluded my Fenway adventure.


Not shown - my one at-bat in the softball game. I had a bat. I hit a ball. I reached a base. I can now forever say that I got a base hit at Fenway Park. A-MA-ZING.

1 comment:

joen05 said...

Hey that's really really cool! I've never been on the field at Fenway, but I've been there plenty of times. Used to work at the Fenway movie theatre too!

Anyway, found you while I was searching for movie blogs... nice that this came up. Hit me up over at my blog if you get a chance!!

Intermission at Work - Joe